Friday, April 09, 2010

The Journey

Sitting by the window of perspective
With the train of thoughts and memories' stations to arrive
Youth and fountain of life on my side
Prepared for the experience filled ride
Platform of incidents and events
Perfume of life with its' variegated scents
Toddler taking baby steps to childhood
People moving forth despite obstacles; some who brood and just stood
A brown man thrown off to the platform
Challenged the status quo when most followed the norm
Hopeful wards sending off children to their future
Soldiers conscripted to the battlefield butchered
Months to years to decades
Stationed through many jobs and trades
Engined by the lessons and experiences
Happiness...sadness..sometimes lost my senses
I thought I had all there that was to be seen
The highest rise, the deepest fall and all there was in between
And then I saw the same brown man much older now
With millions of crowds thronged to cheer him on
From cipher to hero was his journey
From tear drop to supporters like waves of the sea
My destination was closing in
Got up to get down but felt a weakness within
One moment to reflect in the mirror
Conforming my deepest fear
Time and age finally taken a toll on me
And then I realized..I am...close to the end of my journey..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home